Mississippi Statewide Autism Training Initiative
Click here for Forms and Documents
Click here for Upcoming Events
Click here for more information regarding our upcoming conference
In response to the needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), their families and the individuals working with them, the Mississippi Department of Mental Health and the Coalition for Citizens with Disabilities MSPTI Project partner to support a Mississippi Statewide Training Initiative designed to build capacity to provide evidence-based services and supports to individuals with ASD and their families across the lifespan in Mississippi.
The initiative provides free Autism Foundations Training for the Lifespan throughout the state. If you are interested in hosting a training at your location, please contact Mickey Alford at (601) 969-0601, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About the Training: This two-day training will provide participants with an extensive foundation in ASD and is geared to produce the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding of the characteristics of autism and their impact on individuals through the lifespan
- Skills in determining priorities and planning strategies to address them
- Skills in the design and use of visual strategies
- An understanding of sensory processing and strategies for meeting sensory needs
- Skills in environmental set-up and arrangement
- Skills in identifying and utilizing evidence-based practices in the areas of social, communication and behavior
- Strategies for effective teaming
- An awareness of state and national autism resources
Registration: Registrations will be processed by date received. Please return a completed registration as soon as possible to be considered for participation. Training sessions fill up fast.
If you require any auxiliary aids, services, or special requirements, please contact Mickey Alford at (601) 969-0601, email@example.com or the local contact on your registration form.